With times changing, it’s more important than ever for dealers to resort to every platform possible to produce leads. Over the past 10 years, Craigslist has been one of the most effective lead generating platforms for vehicles that are under $20K.
We have begun to see dealers post new car ads on Craigslist in hopes to capture the Craigslist type of customer (customers looking for a dealer). Once a dealer applies rebates and dealer discounts to the vehicles after MSRP, there are quite a few brands that have vehicles that will qualify under $20K.
What can DEPi’s Craigslist system do for you? First, it allows you the ability to select vehicles that fit the criteria of the Craigslist shopper by setting a rule to only post vehicles under $20K or your desired amount.
Second, the system allows you to track calls, emails, and texts. All calls are recorded so you can listen to how your sales team is responding to the consumer and keep them trained up on their responses. When an email comes in, they can be routed to a text or ADF email format so that the customer can be responded to by email or from the CRM. Our text option allows you or your team to engage directly with a consumer over a text conversation, which as we know, is becoming one of the most preferred sources of communication.
Third, it’s user friendly! The system allows the dealer to quickly post any vehicle in their inventory within seconds. You also can easily adjust prices, vehicle comments, key words, and the title of the Craigslist ad within seconds. As seen below, dealers love to dress up their titles on Craigslist.
The information and images being provided to the consumer are so important and our system produces fully VIN-decoded options, installed packages, and full-size images which will be displayed! We also include an overlay on the first image along with the key installed options of the vehicle. It is essential to provide as much information upfront as possible since consumers are making their buying decision online nowadays.
Here are some tips to help you with Craigslist:
- The title of the vehicle should list as much data as possible about the vehicle and also have some type of call-to-action.
- HD images and good photos are a must. You should always provide the vehicle looking at its best. Posting mediocre images of the vehicle can leave a negative impression. Dealers are often concerned about time-to-site, so they prematurely post vehicles. In the end, the customer is not looking for a vehicle that was dirty and not presentable…they’re looking for a used vehicle that has been maintained and presented well.
- Key Options being displayed on the vehicle’s images gives you the opportunity to show the consumer that the vehicle has the options they are looking for on the Craigslist SRP pages along with the VDP pages.
- Over the years, we have perfected how Craigslist likes to receive data. You can see we have bolded and added characters to the vehicle to improve search results.
- The dealer’s name and call-to-action being included with additional title keywording helps improve search results.
- Dealership website information along with a custom link that asks the consumer to copy and paste in their URL, as Craigslist does not allow the option to have a hyperlink.
- Current pricing on the vehicle. Our system delivers pricing via API which means the prices will update in near real time.
- General information about the vehicle: year, make, model, trim, body style, miles, engine, transmission, stock number, and VIN Number.
- Fully VIN-Decoded options listed out for the vehicle. This includes all exterior, interior, mechanical and safety options on the vehicle. We will even include the vehicle’s installed packages if the package codes have been provided.
- Vehicle comments (These are KEY)! This is where you get the chance to tell the customer why they should buy this vehicle, and why they should choose to buy from your dealership for their next purchase. This can also be an area to mention financing and warranty options available on the listed vehicle.
- The Dealer Name, Website, Phone Number and Address. We repeat this information not only for the customer, but for search results.
- Dealer Name keywording included with some make and model information.
- Make, Model, and Trim keywording (You can never have enough keywording).
- You will find our ads to be Craigslist and State compliant with up-to-date disclaimers on every Craigslist ad produced by our system.
- We list our company name at the bottom of every Craigslist ad as we deliver the most effective and compliant ads on Craigslist.
- We provide the dealer’s location to Craigslist so they can pinpoint a map on each ad.
- Our system delivers all required vehicle information as mentioned in this section, which is how our ads are visible on Craigslist.
Five, the system integrates with all inventory providers such as Homenet and Inventory Plus. The system can also pull prices via API from vAuto.
For a demo of this product with Steven Warren, Director of Inventory, please fill out the form below.