We all knew that good reviews on Google were important – well, now they are necessary. Google has updated their local search results to include full filtering capabilities. The most significant of these updates is the ability of customers to be able to filter their local search results by rating. Other categories that local rankings are able to be filtered by now include hours, price, and distance.
With approximately 90 percent of shoppers choosing businesses using reviews and rankings as a determining factor, monitoring the number and quality of reviews, as well as responding to reviews (both positive and negative) is going to be key. It is important to respond to reviews to show your customers that you value their opinions, appreciate positive reviews, and want to address any concerns voiced in negative reviews. The Google My Business support page states that, “Responding to reviews shows that you value your customers and the feedback that they leave about your business.”
Not only does this shake up the local search game by letting customers choose parameters for their local search results, but it is also imperative that you assure that your Google My Business page is claimed and up-to-date. Not only that, but you should also be watching your reviews very closely and addressing them in a timely fashion. Dealer Watch will be an incredibly useful tool to Dealer eProcess dealers in light of this update. Using Dealer Watch, dealers can monitor positive and negative reviews left by customers, reply to those reviews, check the status of your Google My Business (and other directory listings) for accuracy and completion, as well as view the rankings of your competitors.
So, how do you increase your local ranking?
Follow these tips to ensure that your Google My Business page is optimized to help your rankings improve:
- Enter Complete Data: Incomplete data not only makes it harder for search engines to match your location with the right searches, it also shows the search engine that your listing is less relevant than other listings with complete data.
- Verify Your Location(s): Verified businesses have the best opportunity to appear for customers on Google Local Search results as well as Google Maps.
- Update Your Hours: Assure that the hours on your Google My Business listing are always up-to-date, including holiday hours.
- Manage and Respond to Reviews: Promote your customers to leave reviews for your business by creating a simple way for them to do so. Show your customers who do leave reviews that you value their opinions by responding to them. Customers are more likely to leave reviews for a company that respond to reviews vs. those that do not.
- Add Photos: Adding recent photos helps to showcase your business to customers. Accurate and updated photos also give customers a visual representation of what they’re searching for and what services your business provides.
Dealer eProcess offers a knowledgeable team of SEO Specialists who are able to give dealers further recommendations on how to optimize their Google My Business pages. Contact us today for more information or visit us at CBT Automotive Conference & Expo or Digital Dealer!